Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Poem Analysis

The connection I see between “You want a social life” and “Contents of a Dead Man’s Pocket” is choosing the right and wrong things in life. In the poem “You want a social life” the writer mentions that you have choices but only some will ever help you into the future. Love life, friends or work but making the right choice will help you in the future. I would choose to have my job, then my love life, then friends. There isn’t really time for friends but if they were true friends they wouldn’t go anywhere. In “Contents of a dead Man’s pocket” Tom Benecke chose work over his love life. In the end he regretted not spending quality time with his wife. In life you can go both ways but you need to spend your time equally. From my point of View I would choose school work before Marcus, but when I’m done id spend time with Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment