Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Improvement


Over the past two years, I have been exposed to lots of new things and new people. For example, my writing skills weren’t as good as they could have been because I transferred to different schools. Now I can write an essay with out getting nervous because it has to be 5 paragraphs. I improved by accepting the fact that if I didn’t try I would be leading myself to failure and that was something I did not allow.

My reading skills were good but now that I look back they are great! I can read any big words with out having to sound it out because I know the concept of reading in my head. I have read chapter books and novels to improve my reading skills over the last past two years.

My speaking skills were not good at all. The only way I knew how to talk was slang and gang violence. I’ve decided to make myself a better person and talk like I have sense. If I say something like “mines” I correct myself because I know that is not a word. With the speaking skills I have now I am able to speak to adults and be looked at as if I have respect. I improved my speaking skills by taking English class very serious. I also improved because it was my choice.

My group-work skills are no as good as they should be but I am working on them and trying to fix them. I understand that in college your professor may have you work on group projects so that is why I choose to participate in group-projects. My group- working skills are getting better.

I was afraid to work a computer because I had no idea what I was doing. Now that I have Ms. Priester’s class I know everything I could ever know about them. I also too Kyle Conwell’s class as an elective my freshman year. As I get older I know more and more stuff about technology.



 To improve my academic skills I will continue to be open to learn new things. I will continue to turn in my work and pay attention in class and finish my homework. This is my improvement paragraph.

1 comment:

  1. You did not know how to use a computer??? How Sad! Well I'm glad you learned.

    ReplyDelete