Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paragraph to Persuade You to Read My Poem

The title of my poem I will be teaching to my classmates is " Ex-basketball Player" by John Updike. Students should read my poem because it will help them identify Lyric Poetry. a poem of five stanzas each containing six lines and written in blank verse, describes the life of Flick Webb, once a high-school basketball star but now, his glorious past several years behind him, a gas-station attendant whose life appears to have reached a dead end. You might want to read my poem because it shows how someone's life changed dramatically  over 7 years and what you would do to change your life differntly from the characters. The best part of the poem is him having the best high school life.

1 comment:

  1. Your Poem Seems Very Interesting, It Makes Me Want To Read It. Good Job Shaurice. I Love The Picture By The Way.

    ReplyDelete