Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Two Kinds" Mother & Daughter Conflict

In the conflict between Jing-mei and her mother, Jing-mei is the one I support. For example, she’s young but yet she knows what she wants to do and what she doesn’t. She won’t let anyone force her into something she doesn’t want to do. This shows that she’s an independent girl. This also shows that she isn’t afraid to hear what people think about her.  In addition while she was watching Television and her mom told her to get up and get ready for piano practice, she stood up to her and told her that she didn’t want to go. This shows that Jing-mei is brave enough to stand up to the women who brought her into this world knowing she could take her out. Jing-mei did something I would never do, which is telling my mom off. I think that Jing- mei’s actions were very strong and made her mom realize that you can’t control people’s lives.

2 comments:

  1. I like your analysis Shaurice! It's interesting that you support Jing-Mei. When I was young (around 10 or 11 years old) my mother forced me to take piano lessons. I HATED taking them and eventually my mother let me quit. Now, as an adult, I wish I knew how to play the piano and that my mother forced me to continue with the lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily, great job! Keep up the good work, you were so close to a 4.0 I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete