Monday, September 27, 2010

" Two Kinds" Summary Poem

I go to the beauty college because mother


Wants me to look like Shirley Temple

She wants me to practice piano notes with out mistakes

She realizes that I could be someone if I try

I just hope I don’t shame in misery and tears

College is what mom wants but how if I don’t even know the capitals

Take lessons with Mr. Chong just to tremble

And shake at the talent show and the audience.

Genius daughters is what she really meant,

The one’s who bring china Trophy’s

Jing-Mei is only a pleading child

Who’s told she needs to be the best like Waverly

You make me disappointed and not want to clap for the little babies

She makes me look like I’m not good for magazines

Or like I can’t hit the right key and I’m not a good enough Prodigy

I rebel the schedule of being sentimental

I’m as strong as a bench

1 comment: