Sunday, April 17, 2011

Free Write Blog Post

This weekend was the SPAfest. Friday I practiced from - and found out that everybody in the talent show had to help set up after practice. Only five people helped set up including me. After placing tables and chairs all over campus I still had to come home and make a dessert. Marcus, Becky and I made rice crispy treats and then made two whole bowls for ourselves. Saturday morning I woke up at to go get my nails done and find the finishing touches for my dance crews outfits. I came back and got ready with Tierra and Becky. Then our families started to arrive and we all introduced each other. We went to the talent show and my dance group went last. If it was a competition our group would have won it all. We got so many compliments as a group and individually. After the talent show I introduced my boyfriend Marcus  to my dad. They had talked over the phone before and my dad was really happy I found someone like him. Marcus, my family and I all played relay races with eggs, whip cream, pillow cases water balloons, and lot’s more. After family day was over I took a shower hung out with Marcus. There was a dance but Marcus and I did not go because we were super exhausted. After Marcus went home I went right to bed and slept like a baby.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a talent show. Did anyone video your performance? I am glad you helped with setting up--volunteerism is a positive leadership trait. (PS Please remove Marcus's last name.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah those rice crispy treas were really good. And your right we would of won, next year they should make it a competition.

    ReplyDelete